View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am using Calibre as my library software with the 1150. I am still creating IMP's "offline" but that doesn't bother me especialy since if the original is a PDF it will take multiple steps to make it readable anyway.

The Save to disk option in Calibre works. I am lucky I have a card reader that supports the smartmedia format though. As a backup (or if too lazy to crawl on the floor to the card reader) I use impserve.

I haven't tried pointing impserve at the calibre directory yet to see if it will handle the multiple directories and formats though. Hrmmm... Nick?
Just make the calibre directory a subdirectory of your Impserve bookshelf. Or better still make the Impserve bookshelf your calibre directory. Impserve will locate ALL .imp ebooks within the directory structure (including any subdirectories). It would be nice if calibre allowed the Impserve proxy server to communicate with it's own internal proxy server....

Since my .imp Perl scripts and Mobi2IMP or Impbuild by ashkulz require the eBook Publisher software by ETI, these could be used to create .imp from .html/.opf/.prc/.mobi for Windows users.

For .imp conversions to work under Linux, calibre would have to work with a Perl/wine installation of the ETI software and would require the copying of the necessary .pm libs, manually. A bit of a kludge, but could be made to work, as I did it here. I think ashkulz had the best insights as how to best make the integration work with calibre under linux. Hrmmm... Ashish?

I don't know if you could use the linux setup in Mac OS X using wine or make the ETI software work with Mac OS X natively using apple scripts. Hrmmm... Shawn?

In summary, any .imp creation can only be faciliated with an installation of the eBook Publisher by ETI and so perhaps a two step processs would be best as previously used by ashkulz in PDFRead. PDFRead created the necessary .opf/.html/.jpgs files under any python installation, but required the .imp creation to take place under a system (Windows) which would support the ETI software.

The .imp related software is all here, and open-source, so eventually there could be solution...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote