View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks for the reply ; i didn't mean to make you cover the same ground again, i hadn't seen your explanation before.

actually i completely understand what you mean about the ergonomics of the current generation of e-ink devices (all of them) ; i think they are pretty poor as well frankly, certainly significantly inferior to the eb1150 which actually did an excellent job in that area (and which might suit you, based on your description of what you dislike about the kindle). that's one reason i finally chose the 700 ; the touchscreen allows me to hold it however i want and still easily turn the pages without imposing a specific (and probably uncomfortable) position. i don't have the trouble with it being too thin because i have pretty small hands, but even so i find the eb1150 still overall more comfortable to hold (except that it's too heavy). i hope that we'll see an improvement in ergonomics in the next generation devices but given the current trend of "thinner is better" you probably still won't find one that suits you.

i personally do prefer e-ink to a backlit screen, even in its imperfect state, but i have rather sensitive eyes and when i'm tired the light is actually painful to look at.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote