View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #79
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because you have removed the time-limiting DRM from the books. You can keep them forever. Removing DRM from books that you've legitimately bought is one thing, and I don't think too many people would argue with you about it.
You can keep them forever. And that would be wrong.
But just removing the DRM doesn't mean that you are going to keep them forever.
How is the argument any different to:
"You have removed the non-sharing DRM from the books. You could share them with other people."
It would be the act of sharing that was wrong, not the removal of DRM which would allow the act of sharing, surely?

Quote:
Removing DRM from somebody else's books that have merely been lent to you is an entirely different matter, and is (to my mind) just plain wrong.
Not if the books are deleted at the point where the DRM would have kicked in to make them unusable.
If the books are not kept for any longer than the DRM would have allowed them to be read for, I can't see where the moral issue arises?
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote