View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Currently nothing exists that supports this, not because the tech is unavailable, but because the combined cost of all these things is a lot (over $1k for sure) and apparently the bean counters have determined that it does not look like the market will support it (even though, you, me, and every academic I know will not even hesitate at a $1k to $2k price point because it's just that useful to us... but unfortunately we are a small fraction of the population). So it's an LCD tabletPC for now, for me.
I think you're absolute correct about this fishface and that a tablet PC might be the best way forward for annotating pdfs. I remember using my cousin's ibm thinkpad 5 years ago and making a mental note to check out tablet pcs again once I could afford one. Then the iPad came out and turned everything on its ear by looking more like an iPhone than a Mac and now, tech companies are following the same suit. You're also right about the need for a stylus 'cause I find that no matter how great the app, fantastic and responsive the screen, I just cannot "write" with my finger.

Regardless, this is all moot anyway since I currently have zero disposable income and my laptop, nook color with ezpdf and printer are currently meeting all my pdf needs. Once I get my money situation resolved, I think I'll take another look into the tablet pc market.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote