View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #167
rainblown
rainblown began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman View Post
Your properties look good. The problem is most likely Canti isn't producing an .epub compatible with your ereader. I had a difficult time writing the .epub code. When I followed the .epub standard exactly they wouldn't appear on my iPad in iBooks, so I ended up tweaking the code to make the epubs iPad compatible. Those tweaks probably broke .epub support on other ereader devices. My advice is to output to .cbz format to get all the image processing done, then pass the output through Calibre to produce the .epub.

Out of curiosity, why do you want epub format for comics? Image folders, .zip/.cbz, or .pdf allow a lot more flexibility since epub readers don't seem to handle images or zooming very well. After playing with epub manga on the iPad I abandoned its development.
Well, I have a Sony PRS-650. I tried a image folder and the pictures are all over the place and mixed up with other non manga images. I haven't tried zip or cbz, but I heard that EPUB or LRF is the best way to go for PRS-650 since it's native to PRS-650.
rainblown is offline   Reply With Quote