View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joubert View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I did a little experimentation - it does not seem to be the image size that is a problem. When I have a single XHTML file (instead of one for each page) which contains all the <svg> tags, then there are no blank pages between images when I view on my Kindle. Do you think the blank page issue is as a result of how ebook-convert converts the epub file to mobi, or do you think it is a Kindle bug?

Joubert
I would think it is a conversion issue, since you state that you can create the desired result by using a different starting point (single file). Maybe calibre assumes that separate XHTML files implies separate chapters, hence it inserts a (extra?) page break? There are some ebook-convert options concerning structure detection, and specifically about chapter detection; perhaps you can use these to get the desired result directly, or maybe it is just a bug.

Can use Debug or verbose mode to get more information about what it is doing and/or possibly remove page breaks you don't want before final conversion to mobi (to work around a bug etc.).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote