Thread: Sigil v0.1.2
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #18
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
I am one of these ugly pesky Linux Ubuntu jaunty users who failed in his "trivial" task. But I will not trouble you with my problems.
Feel free to trouble me with your problems, I will be glad to help. I never said I wouldn't be. If the build process can be improved / streamlined / simplified in any way, I will do my best to do that.

Again, if you have some specific problem with building Sigil, I'd be happy to help... but you will have to provide more information than just "I failed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
My guess is just that the percentage of your Linux users will very probably soon drop from 9% to much less. So, don't care...

I wish you good luck.
Excuse me, but when exactly did I say I didn't care about my Linux users? The entire build system was simplified for them specifically. The install target is also present only on Linux systems.

If what you are complaining about is the lack of packaged binaries, then I'm sorry, but I do not have the time, resources or even the desire to package 10 - 15 different versions for all possible package managers, distros and architectures.

The practice of providing installers for Windows, DMG's for Mac and source archives for Linux is very widespread. I'll just name a few of the major applications, ok?

Inkscape, GIMP, Wireshark... Hell, even GCC. All of these are provided for Linux in source form only, and are provided as packages by your distribution's package maintainers, not by the developers. And they are all applications with years of history and tens if not hundereds of developers behind them.

There are many, many more examples. So spare me the sarcasm.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote