View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post

And Blossom - what's that them I've seen you mention for historical romances which are pretty much contemporaries in fancy dress? I need to make a shelf on GR for these! Just DNF'd Season for Temptation because of it - I'm not usually a stickler for historical accuracy, but this one just felt wrong from the get-go.
Mistoricals is what Jane at DA calls them to me they are worse than wallpaper historicals.

When I think of Wallpaper Historicals I think of Julia Quinn or Sabrina Jefferies which I do enjoy but Mistoricals are people like Tessa Dare and pretty much all the new regency that sourcebooks puts out.

I hear Tessa Dare's newest novels has like 20 or something movies references in it. People seem to think that's brilliant.

I think a list needs to be made for these type stories so I can avoid them. I think they should have there own genre kind of like Steampunk is Victorian and scifi these are a mix of contemporary elements with modern characters in long dresses.

I like this post about it Carolyn Jewel calls them meta-regency. I love the comments and one calls them Regency in Drag!

Last edited by Blossom; 02-01-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote