View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #61
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman2604 View Post
Although i acknowledge that its cool to do , and i prob will after my warrenty has expired i still would like to ask if this memory is faster then inserting a external Sdcard?
So besides getting more total memory are there other benefits then just because it can be done (although thats not a bad reason )
The Mini doesn't have an external card slot, so this is the only way to expand its memory.

For those devices that do have an external slot, with the current 2.5.x firmware there is no longer any real advantage in replacing the internal card vs using an external card. (With earlier firmware versions the cover images were not saved and had to be generated each time they were needed if the book was on an external card, so there was a reason to prefer to keep all books on the internal card.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote