View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowt999 View Post
Hello all.. I've been on the phone with Amazon too many times to count, and here is a short story of the issue. Amazon removed my kindle registration during a cleanup of my MP3 authorized devices... I had not used the reader in a while, and just this weekend noticed that it was no longer registered to me. So when I tried to re-register it, I got a message that the kindle could not connect at this time.. (Even though the WIFI signal was fine) I also noticed that my Kindle would no longer connect to the 3G signal as a default.

So after some research - i suspected that my kindle was blacklisted, and I tried to have Amazon remove it from the list.

That did not work either. I've performed several factory resets, and still cannot get the 3G to work or the kindle to register to my account.

I even tried to ENABLE_DIAGS on the device, and run the WAN test, but that test failed - with an error message & said the WAN could not be powered on.

Anyone else seen this type of issue?

So my first question:
I am running software version (3.4), and would like to try a prior version to see if that fixes the problem - Is there a way to install a prior version ?

Second Question:
If I jailbreak the device, what (if any) utilities can I use to try and get the kindle registered again? I don't necessarily need 3G, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I cannot register it in the first place

any would be appreciated - will be glad to send any diagnostic information that would help...

Dean
*) Yup - your device is blacklisted.
That: "I tried to have Amazon..." is not very specific, it is a very large company.
If you meant customer service - they do not have access permission to change the blacklistings.
You need to go up, much higher, in the corporate food-chain,

*) Factory resets will not fix this problem, it is an Amazon database entry (@Amazon).

*) A mis-leading error message.

*) Yes, other people have seen it.
And some (at least one) have gotten it cleared up.
It happened to twobob (in England) and he was able to get it removed from the blacklist. Although it took "legal action" (I have no other details).

*a) No, a different firmware version will not change anything.
*b) Not easily. Check our threads on recovering a K3 device.

*) None.
You can't change the Amazon end of things from the Kindle.
There are threads here about getting the WiFi to work on an un-registered device.
But that only allows you to use the WiFi to access your own access point.
Not to use the "Free WiFi" feature of the Amazon network.

- - - -

Your best bet -
Put together your best story -
Call customer service -
Read it to them -
When they say: "Can't do that" -
Ask to speak to their supervisor (superior, manager, boss, ...) -
Repeat this loop as required until you get high enough in the food-chain.

If (when) that fails - start writing.
Depending on country (and perhaps area of the country) will determine to whom you start writing.

Your complaint: "Not receiving services that where purchased."
Quote above telcomm history and story.

In the USA, this sort of thing is handled by State agencies.
In Texas, USA the: "Public Utility Commission; Consumer Protection Division".

(I know, I just had to go this route to get my local, tel-co provided, aDSL line service working properly.
Once the Texas PUC started holding a match to their license to do business in Texas - the tel-co got things fixed in a really big hurry.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote