View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclien View Post
So I just managed to install poterm, I'm about to test some shell scripts, but I can't find the mentioned /mnt/ext1/applications.
Or is that the path to the sdcard?
if so, can I create custom dirs on he main memory also? Will it be lost with an update?
And do we have cron on the Pocketbook?
/mnt/ext1 is the path to the internal memory that you can write to. /mnt/ext2 is the SD card.

You can create directories in /mnt/ext1, /mnt/ext2, and /tmp. You cannot write to / and ebrmain because they are read-only. If you get root, you can write to /mnt/secure, and also to / and ebrmain if you re-mount them as read/write. Note that the getroot.app program no longer works with the latest firmware versions (but should work with 2.0.6).

Updates replace "/" and ebrmain entirely. They dd new filesystems right to each partition. So, any files written there previously are completely wiped out.

There is no cron.
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote