View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #14
Dinodoc
Dinodoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Will this work for those of us running the linux version as well I hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
Still on schedule to roll out this week. We've actually shipped the upgraded software to the factory and all new devices manufactured as of this morning will have version 1.4 on them. Depending on logistics and how our retailers are distributing amongst their stores, I'm guessing you'll see these in-store probably 1.5 to 2 weeks from today.

The rollout to existing users is waiting on updating the Kobo Desktop Application (or the borders desktop app, or A&R, or Whitcoulls, etc) before we can roll out the update over-the-wire, that piece is taking a bit to test and we expect the first ones to go out this Friday.

In other words, you'll get a Desktop App update, and then the new desktop application will trigger the firmware update when you connect the device (you'll have to go through a wizard).

This will be roll-out so everyone won't get the update right on Friday. I'll try to find out what the roll-out plan is to get you more info.

And for those curious, yes we were definitely affected by the .. ah.. disturbances.. around the Downtown Toronto area. Some quite close to home office actually. Pretty scary.
Dinodoc is offline   Reply With Quote