View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 11:53 AM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, though I suppose it's inevitable, it's not appreciated.

I haven't finished yet (about 1/2 way through), but the one thing that has been missing so far that I'd like to have had more of is a clearer description and understanding of just why Malta is so strategically important. We're told it is, but not really a compelling description of why, even with today's powered ocean going vessels, Malta sits astride the shipping lanes and provides a strategic barrier between Africa/Asia and the European Mediterranean. This was even more true in the time of wind-powered sailing vessels.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote