Thread: Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
I looked at the thread but the few in London were older readers (I mean the device and not the people). Are the newer devices available to try in shops? I installed the Calibre software and it would be a neat idea if the viewer in that could simulate individual machines (buttons, screen size, speed of refresh, the flash during page turns etc) and then I'd be able to make a decision by simply looking at each device using the actual books I want to read - perhaps Calibre could get some kick back for simulating each device. I already use a Nokia N800 to read books so I'm sort of used to the concept of reading on a screen but it's definitely different - it's not eink, the screen is moderately small (4.5 inches) even though it's very quick to scroll around the screen.

PS it's odd how we use such an antiquated measuring unit (inches) to measure such a modern medium - electronic paper!
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote