View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #31
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
Alex, take a look at the tags "censorship, international, islam, kindle, muslim". They imply a certain opinion by Amazon which aren't based on any real facts.

So, luqmaninbmore, why not ask Amazon first? They're the one I'd have to address this issue to. Especially if I really am taking it seriously. And they're the only one who will provide a substantial reply.
I thought those were the most appropriate tags under which to file this topic. They were not meant to express any type of conclusion. Kindle is obvious, as is international. Islam and muslim because the apparent pattern that I noticed involves the predominantly muslim countries and excludes non-muslim countries in the same region (i.e. all of South Asia has the kindle except for Bangladesh and Pakistan, large stretches of Africa have it, but not Muslim/Arab North Africa, etc.). And censorship because this may be due to censorship concerns. Again, I was just pointing out an apparent pattern that I noticed. I think it would be awesome to have whispernet when I visit relatives in Dubai (just like I can have it when I visit relatives in India).

Luqman