Thread: Troubleshooting New Oasis owner - couple of questions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Was the cover and device both at 100% when you started? I have owned mine a year. If I were not to put the Oasis in the cover during long reading sessions, the cover can charge the Oasis back to full about 4 times I found. That has been my experience. Starting both ant 100%. Which makes sense since the device lasts me 5-7 hours if not put in until almost empty. When put together, that makes up the reading time they advertise. Times 4 that is.

So if you were at 100% on both, the cover shouldn't have been at 10% after recharging the Oasis just once. At least that wouldn't be my experience.

Don't know how new your Oasis is, maybe it needs some more charging cycles? I don't know about all that stuff.

The other thing is you mention that you have the light at 3 and when you open it, it flashes very bright. Mine does not do that. It flashes at the same light I have it set. Just to make double sure, I set it at 3 just now and went into a dark bathroom. Still does not go higher than 3 when I open the cover and there is no flashing. Just opens to the book. Only flash is the refresh, but that is black.

make sure you have the current software update on it. Just to make sure.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote