Thread: Troubleshooting New Oasis owner - couple of questions
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 02:54 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltoye View Post
Can i unset the turning on of the book when I open the cover? So I exclusively use the on button.

I have the brightness set at 3/4/5, quite low, and when I open the cover the brightness goes really bright until it establishes the brightness should be low, like a second. at night this is annoying. Is that normal?

Also, battery life wise, I charged the book (with cover) full when I received the kindle. I read without the cover and put the book back in the cover when done reading. I've read for about 7 or 8 hours and when I looked at my book this morning, the book was full battery but the cover was at 10%. Is this normal?

It's so much more comfortable to hold, these things won't change my mind but I think they could be better.
1) Remove the magnet from the lower right corner of the cover.
(For other models, the solution is getting a non-magnetic cover, hard to do for your model.)

2) Most likely that is "standard behavior".

3) Most likely "expected" since the cover works like any external re-charging battery pack.

Note:
I do not own that model, but I am pretty sure of my answers.

Last edited by knc1; 05-18-2017 at 02:57 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote