View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 05:43 AM   #3
wankel
wankel began at the beginning.

Device: Irex ER0141-002 'Iliad', Onyx M91s 'Odysseus', Kindle DX, Entourage Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
Can you check your settings in the setting panel 7,8. I have an iliad v2 and these 2 panels talk about background connect etc.,
Thanks, I thinke mine is a v2 as well (type is ER0141-002), and on pages 7-8 IDS is mentioned.

Quote:
If these are not disabled, please do try.
I turned everything on (to check whether there were hidden settings that came available) and then turned everything off again.
Besides that I turned off / cleared everything remotely connected to remote connections:
  • page 1: n/a
  • page 2: n/a
  • page 3: iDS is mentioned, but not related to the settings here
  • page 4: MyiRex account settings: clear, to be sure also cleared my name above that
  • page 5: PIN: disabled
  • page 6: Settings for computer connection / samba: cleared
  • page 7: open wireless and background connect: all off/computer. To be sure, I also tried with open wireless networks enabled.
  • page 8: timed connections: off
  • page 9: time selection: runs halfway 2020, though the minutes are only 8 off
  • page 10:device ID: the wlan-mac shows up on the router, with an IP. Software version / firmware = 2.12
All to no avail.

Quote:
A couple of threads below there is a thread with a possible method to get shell access. Am not sure if this works.
I am also not sure if it can work, but when I tried it back then, I could not confirm it worked.

In case you got an other hint to try, I'm all ears ;-)
wankel is offline   Reply With Quote