View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:52 AM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
No, not really. I like a simple footer.
Strictly speaking it is clearly not true, but the new "xxx of xxx___________xx%" footer feels less crowded to me. Likely because even though now there is more text in the footer, it is off to the sides.

Quote:
Most of my reading is done on one of my PocketBooks now and I just turn the footer and header off completely on those.
You can do that on the Nook now too of course. Though you don't gain the space for an extra line of text as far as I know.

Quote:
I do like the fact that the new ownership is still doing some Nook upgrading, however.
Yeah, it is much appreciated.

Even though I much prefer the added features of Kobo's firmware. I like Nook's UI design more overall. Stuff like the larger covers, the icons they use and so on.

Most of my time is spent reading anyway, but when I am looking for a book or whatever, I tend to prefer the style on the Nook.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote