View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #230
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourcejedi View Post
[If this should be a new thread, please do ask mods to move it]

This is not a support request. Just to let you know I noticed a round-trip failure using mobiunpack, kindlegen 1.2 for linux, and a Mobipocket edition of one of the Young Wizards books. I'm curious whether this is a known bug.
Whether this is a problem in MobiUnpack, KindleGen, or the original file will take quite a lot of detective work.

The first thing to do would be to enable the raw output in MobiUnpack, and see if the duplicate destination markers are present in that.

Looking at the raw output will also help to check whether the problem happens in Mobiunpack (in the conversion to HTML links) or in KindleGen.

When I have some spare time, I might take a look at this, but I can't at the moment. It sounds like you're a pretty good hand at this - why not continue the investigative work yourself?

Oh - and one thing to do would be to continue the Mobiunpack/KindleGen/Mobiunpack sequence a few times, and see if things keep on changing and getting worse.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote