View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoorman View Post
Is the Cool-ER compatible with 64-bit Vista?

I see that some other ebook readers are not. I checked and all the computers in my house are 64-bit. I don't know why except that when we replaced them last year, we ordered large memories, 4-8 GB.
Vista 64 or Win7 64 should have no problem picking up the device as extra storage.
The strong point of COOL-er is, it does not have all the complex sync upload download software some readers requires. IT can read any book that can be converted to the formats it support.

It reads itself as extra storage memory in windows and card reader device for the SD card. So if USB pen disk or SD card reader work, Cool-er should work!

Cooler only supports 4GB SD card, but I beleive SDHC 4GB works.
2GB SD card is less than 10 dollar on the market, that size can hold enough books for any one can read over a quarter! Before any ereaders can read 100MB size PDF files, 4GB thats more than enough for any one whom is not too lazy to delete finished books!

highly recommend store all books on SD card, remove card and reboot in case the student wrote software crash.

jackau is offline   Reply With Quote