View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #211
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Win10 certificates can usually be installed by visiting the site in internet explorer or edge and then rebooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a certificate validation error. It usually means that the certificate has expired or you don't have the appropriate CA certificate. But...

By "FF", I assume you mean "Fantastic Fiction". I have just tested this here with no problems. It is possible they have fixed it in the time between your post and my test. Or they have multiple servers and one is wrong.

Also, as you have just reinstalled Win10, a CA might be missing and waiting for yet another update to be installed.
Thanks guys! Yes, it was Fantastic Fiction. I normally never use IE so I tried visiting FF with it and that's all it took to fix it - no reboot or even restart of Calibre needed!

Aa a side note I just enrolled in Tim Buchalka's Udemy Python class (on sale for $10 this week) so hopefully I'll eventually be less of a nuisance...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote