View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:45 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
In an attempt to get excited I worked myself up to believe that the new SONY store will be nothing more than a re-direct to the Amazon website. Where we SONY users will be allowed to purchase Amazon books at Kindle prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sorry, you're right, the original question was more about drm than epub. i was more specifically reacting to harry's post in fact. as far as drm goes i must agree with you, but then i try to avoid buying *any* drm files when possible (nasty, horrid plague !).

hopefully, adobe's drm will be cracked sooner rather than later or (even better) publishers will finally see the light and abandon drm (where there's life, there's hope, right ?).

in the meantime, though, a few publishers *are* offering drm-free epub files. i'm hoping a lot more will catch on and do the same.
Yes my original post was about DRM, GntlmnBndt really captured my thoughts well.

But your post, response to Harry made me realize something. With all the goodness supported by the ePUB stantard. ePUB is only as good as the ePUB viewers implementation. Right now SONY's is just okay. In my opinion its the worst of the three mojor formats LRF, PDF. ePUB supported by SONY. It's slow and page numbers don't work correctly to name a few.

When it comes to downloading books from FeedBooks I still pick PDF over ePUB because it works better and the format look better on my 505. I don't think I'm the only one here who feels that way, there are a few other here who also have mentioned he prefer FeedBooks PDF over ePUB.

I guess that is also part of the reason why I am not excited about ePUB.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-12-2008 at 08:47 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote