View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #81
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweia View Post
  • data.tar.gz won't work due to changed "/etc/upstart/userstore" - also it seems to be planned for future firmwares to not work in main-mode, though "something new" might work even then. Seems like packages or "bundles" need to be signed at some point... We'll see when or if it happens.
  • haven't yet found anything that points to deletion of /usr/local/ ...
  • mntus.params is in principle in the same location, but has (at least) two more parameters, which might not be necessary as long as the FAT32-partition already exists.

Not yet very helpful, but all I can do without going a couple times per SSH into the Kindle and rebooting a few dozen times. Will try that in a few days, I guess.

Greetings,
Dweia
I do not think diags uses upstart, or at least it did not on 5.0.x firmware.

I do know that 5.1.0 broke eink update compatibility, so you cannot use the eink header file structure definitions to build a program that works on both 5.0.x and 5.1.x firmware using ioctl() calls to update the eink display. They recompiled everything using the new header file, which makes the new programs not work on the old kernel (wrt eink).

I would not be at all surprised that they messed up other stuff too. It just seems odd that they would make a change that breaks compatibility between MINOR version numbers like this...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote