View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #5
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Just because an author was a favorite in the past doesn’t mean I will always feel that way. Years ago I liked Dean Koontz and Robin Cook. Now I can’t stomach the books I liked as a teen or youngish adult.
Your tastes always change and often your favorite author, just like your favorite music group goes down avenues that you hate.

For me, a favorite author is simply one whose books I enjoy. In some cases, the author might write stuff you don't like but you do like it under a particular pseudonym such as J D Robb (detective crime) vs. real name Nora Roberts (romance).

As to checking stuff off on Goodreads, naw, my account gets full of too much junk. I use Fantastic Fiction to check off books I'm actively reading in a series or authors whose books I wish to be notified about (since the demise of FictFact). Otherwise, I don't really need to track. I participate with a couple of reading groups, but I also have a spreadsheet for tracking for the day that I get fed up with the advertising on Goodreads.

Also, it's funny. I didn't read Koontz or Cook until about 5 years ago and now read all their stuff.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote