Thread: Classic Barnes and Noble and epub
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I learned about this over on Baen's Bar, where someone with eReader for his PalmOS device complained about buying an e-book in good faith and expecting it to be in eReader format, but finding it in eReaderPub instead.

I went to B&N to investigate, and wrote my findings up in TeleRead. There is no hint on B&N's e-book pages or in their FAQ that they've shifted away from plain-vanilla Fictionwise eReader, and a couple of hints that suggest to the uninformed that they haven't.

(The name "eReader" is triply confusing now. Not only is it used by the uninformed to refer to e-book readers in general, but now there's Fictionwise's eReader and Barnes & Noble's eReader, which use different formats. Oy.)
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote