View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
My Calibre just says 2.0, nothing more. Okay, I'm afraid I don't know what Qt5 is. I only use Calibre to convert some books from one format to another and occasionally that plugin of which we will not speak if I have a library book that will expire before I can finish it.

So how would I uninstall 2.0 to install 1.48? I don't see an uninstall. If I use Windows Add Remove Programs, are you sure it won't remove everything? I'd rather not take the chance unless 2.0 starts crashing or something.
If 2.0 is stable, leave it alone.
QT5 is not a standalone fix for any version.
QT5 became a PART of Calibre a bit later (it fixed some issues calibre had been fighting).
Many PI were updated to ALSO work with QT5, while leaving QT4 support. Some newer PI make use of things in QT5 , that do not exist/work in QT4

If you do not use special (not generic) programs with XP, Linux Mint will run modern Calibre on XP grade hardware (in most cases)
Download and Burn a Live DVD of Mint Cinnamon .
Boot the DVD and give it a test spin without changing your existing system (do not choose install) to see if you can deal with the differences.

If you already use Firefox, Open/Libre office you are already ahead
Don't like it: 1) Try a different Distro 2)bin the DVD and suffer the defeat of XP