View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #438
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I detest that. Isn't choosing your font one of the main points to buy an ereader?

The publisher could offer his embedded font as an option, and should not force it. I know it can be hacked out of the book, but you shouldn't have to.

It took web designers 10 years to learn that a web page is *not* a poster (as it's looks can be changed by the viewer). Hopefully it doesn't take publishers 10 years to realize that an ebook is m not made out of paper.
Alot of books these days are self published and the poor authors have no clue really on any of the technical dos and don'ts when making a ebook. Now we have a new format they have to learn all over again.

It's not hacking to remove a font. It more like editing. It's real easy to do in Calibre. I have it set to remove all user fonts, margins and colors. I still use the old mobi format. KF8 doesn't work with the Personal Documents Cloud yet.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote