View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 07:20 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@davidfor,

I just updated this plugin today. I am now getting this error message when I use Edit metadata > Download cover
Code:
calibre, version 3.34.0
ERROR: Download failed: Failed to download any covers, click "Show details" for details.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 289, in main
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\worker.py", line 132, in single_covers
WindowsError: [Error 183] Cannot create a file when that file already exists: u'D:\\sysfiles\\calibre\\caltemp\\calibre_95odki\\rjfrcf_single_metadata_download\\Kobo Books,,1368,,2100,,jpeg.cover.done'
Despite the error message, many covers are fetched - including one labelled Kobo Books - and double-clicking one of them pulls it into calibre in the normal way.
I don't know what is happening here. That error appears to be in calibre code controlling the download of covers. The file look to be recording what has been done. It should disappear after the downloads are finished. The only way I can see for that error to happen is if the plugin returned two cover images. And I can't think of how that could happen.

Is there anything in the log for the cover download?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote