View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KipPrdy View Post
It's borderline as to whether it's worth the trouble. Yes, it really is that much better. Both for me, and for a couple people I've given these two, it changes how we read. Size matters. I read that a study found retention is higher with a larger screen.
I was going to make a joke about how I keep hearing that size matters, but now I'm not going to.

Quote:
And having a softer light than the glaring white of my Kindle Paperwhite makes a huge difference, as well.
The ONE and the H202 both have the color shifting front light.

Quote:
My point, though, is that with a bit of QC, this would blow everything else on the market away. Seems like it would also save money even on existing sales.
That I completely agree with. I think the ONE is a big black-eye to Kobo. The fact that even the new, limited edition model has the same flaws is just unforgivable. Kobo needs to shut down ONE production and get the issue fixed once and for all.

Selling their flagship product in a state where people are afraid to give it as a gift says a lot.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote