View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Liverpool overdrive libary

I joined the Liverpool overdrive libary to day and have downloaded the first book, why I ask did I get clever and buy a 64bit computer? it has caused more problems not being compatible with printers and scanners and ebook readers. However I have a 32bit laptop which does the things the other computer doesn't.
You have to be able to go to a Liverpool libary, any one of the Liverpool libaries to join as a non resident, and I got the feeling that if you lived what they considered to far you may not get to join. But I live over the other side of the Mersey river which is good. They have one copy of each book which seems strange, but seem to have a fairly good selection, the loan time is varied depending on the book book if it is a EPUB that uses Digital Editions you can send it back early, even the same day.
Only Sony ereaders are supported but the Cybook works, Kindles and apple Ipad or Iphones do not.
Now I can read books that I might not want to buy and save money on buying books, I hope the local libary started there own download libary the more the better.
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote