View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Heads up! I just read over at DA that's Samhain has pulled their titles from Books on Board due to non payment. We also know Hachette titles are missing from their store just to name a few.

At this point I would be sure to backup all your past purchases. This can't be good but it looks like BOB could be on it's way out.
The non-payment/books pulled thing took place over a year and a half ago so it's not recent (& we only have one side of the story). Samhain titles now come from a distributor instead of direct and BoB has current Samhain titles for sale and pre-order currently.

Although reading about that makes me wonder if the Hachette titles that are NA or missing altogether have to do with non-payment to some distributor, except it then seems odd that it appears to only affect Hachette titles (distros handle titles from most/all pubs, not one). I may be a contract/agreement issue between Hachette and BoB due to the switch from Agency to non-Agency or a contract thing between Hachette and a specific distro.

Quote:
At this point I would be sure to backup all your past purchases.
Always something that should be done immediately after purchase, but a good reminder none the less.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote