View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #14830
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I tried .... I really tried .... but I just had to give up on reading The Long Earth (Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter) .... I really love almost all of Pratchett's oeuvre .... but

THIS BOOK WAS BLOODY BORING!

I don't know how experienced authors could take such a fascinating premise and ruin it.

Sigh .... A big thumbs down for me.
I thought it was a great (if unoriginal) premise that the authors just didn't deliver on. It felt like one long scene-setting pre-amble, and I kept waiting for the story to start. I would imagine there will be a sequel, as they still have a story to tell (I hope).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote