View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I was wondering how do I set up Calibre to wirelessly send books to my Motorola Xoom? What reader app would be best for that?
I use a free Android app called "AirDroid" to set up a wireless connection between the Laptop and the Tablet using the WiFi in my house. (It creates a short temporary password which I type in for security each time)

After that it is a simple matter to transfer the files to the relevant directories. If they are DRM-free ePubs, I can then import them into my Kobo e-reader software.

This method is, admittedly, more "hands-on" since you have to create the connection each time, and you need to know what directory your files are stored in. But once created, you can actually transfer Any type of file (pictures, videos, music) not just e-books. And if I want to see what files I have where I use another free app called "ES File Explorer"

Last edited by Laridae; 11-14-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote