View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Do I understand you to be in favor of a new kind of DRM that stops people from removing ads from books until they pay for them?
No, I would rather read non-crippled versions of texts and choose to compensate the creator of my own free will.

In the meantime, ads seem to help some creators get compensated, while at the same time not forcing the reader/user to do anything, even if that something is as simple as pressing a "click this button to send monies" button.

I would like to say, if the ads are non-obtrusive, then it is my belief that those who go about creating tools to strip the ads from software and texts would no longer feel the need to do so. (I find all ads to be obtrusive which is why if I enjoy a text with ad placement I click the send monies button as soon as I can(so that the ads are removed))There is a group of people who might wish to remove all DRM from a text in order that they may then redistribute the text under their own terms, but we cannot design a distribution system around the whims of these people.

Unlikelier things have happened.
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote