View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:26 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I'm not sure there is one. It was a line used in various movies to suggest a joke that some newcomer to the scene (or the audience just being presented with the scene) had missed the setup, and arrived just in time to hear the punchline. I suspect a comic might have pulled the same gag on an audience member returning from the bathroom, the show being subsequently aired on TV, but I can't cite the comic.

For some reason, Michael Keaton sticks in my mind as having delivered this line somewhere...
So, it is like 42.

We have the punch line, but not the joke. Sounds like a book to me.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote