View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
nicopilami
Enthusiast
nicopilami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Smile easy way to display games & tools on Kobo Glo HD

I just bought my Kobo Glo HD a few days ago, and I discovered some games were pre-installed in the device but not shown in the Kobo's homepage like in the Kobo previous versions, so that I searched over the net an easy way to do it.

Please accept my apologizes in case this tip has already been detailed in multiple other posts.

There is no need to be VERY geek, just download a SQL LITE browser in order to modify the .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite file.

You can display the official Kobo apps & games by following the easy steps below (credits to this site/post and even more to this one this other one which detailed the solution too).

- start the internet browser of the Kobo at least once
(to create the first entry in the db of the Kobo
- copy the file .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite with your SQLlite browser to another location (it's a backup of th DB, in case of...)
- open the file .kobo\KoboReader.sqlite with your SQLlite browser
- copy and execute the following SQL lines in your SQLlitebrowser:

Quote:
Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "chess" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "chess",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "scramble" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "scramble",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "sudoku" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "sudoku",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "rushhour" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "rushhour",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "solitaire" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "solitaire",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "sketch" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "sketch",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Delete from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "sudoku" ;
insert into Activity
SELECT "sudoku",Enabled,Type,Action,strftime("%Y-%m-%dT%H:%m:%S"),Data from Activity where Type like "Extras" and Id like "browser";

Once the SQL has been processed, eject the device from the computer, unplug the cable and reboot the Kobo.

The following tiles should now be displayed in your homepage:
=> Chess
=> Sudoku
=> Sketch Pad
=> Unblock It
=> Solitaire (actually multiple card games)
=> Word Scramble (double tap on the last letter to validate the word you have highlighted)

Hope it will be useful for someone, at least it was for myself

Nico

Last edited by nicopilami; 01-19-2017 at 04:37 PM.
nicopilami is offline   Reply With Quote