View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I just went to the development site and tried to download stuff. The pl file is forbidden (likely a permission problem) and the zip file is much smaller than the one above in the forum. As a matter of fact the exe file is the same size as the zip file above but the zip file on the development site uncompresses to only 2.6 meg. Seems to be a problem somewhere.

Dale
The Development Hub site is still a "work in progress..."; most things haven't fully been setup yet. I'm learning as I go. I'll see what could be wrong.

In the meantime, use the Windows Installer .zip in the first post above for now. It will 'install' the Mobi2IMP GUI 9.1 program (Mobi2IMP-gui.exe) along with dos executable (Mobi2IMP.exe), source (mobi2imp.pl), documentation and some samples.

By the way, the icon for Mobi2IMP that gets put in your Start Menu, can be later copied to the desktop for easier access.
EDIT: Ok this Dev Hub stuff is weird. The source mobi2imp.pl there is 'Forbidden' due to the .pl extension. I just replaced it with mobi2imp.pl.txt and it works now! Also, the 9 MB .exe at the Dev Hub site is the same file within the Windows Installer .zip above. The MobileRead forums do not allow .exe files to be attached (and for good reason!) so it shows up here as a .zip. The Mobi2IMP-exe.zip at the Dev Hub is just the dos executable not the GUI. Hope this helps explain things.

Last edited by nrapallo; 03-22-2008 at 02:35 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote