View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Yet Another Reminder That You Don't Own Your Ebooks: B&N Nook Deletes Files, Blames User

This is not another story like the one where Amazon deleted 1984 from the kindle. This is about treating ereaders as paper books where the info in them will not disappear.

The guy is blaming B&N. And while there's a little validity to his rant, it's like crying "I didn't know that I had to back up my computer".

Removing DRM would be the first step. Copying the files off your computer would be the next step. After all, you have to protect against loosing your data and your reader.
Thank you. Well said.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote