View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Hmm, a few things to check:

* Make sure you're on the Home screen before plugging the Kindle
Did that.

Quote:
* Yep, hyphens, not underscores ;P
Made that correction but still no change.

Quote:
* Make sure the font is valid. (And a true non OpenType TrueType font, I have no idea how it handles non pure TrueType fonts).
I used the same Fontin font you put together for me for the K2 font hack.

Quote:
* Restart your Kindle afterwards, *without* trying to open a book before that.
Did that as well via the settings menu and also tried the 20 sec hold on the slider switch.

I also saved an original copy of the reader.pref file (renamed reader.pref.original) that I saved in a separate directory on my in case I messed up when editing.

I have noticed that after the font change fails and I go back to check the reader.pref file, the lines have been rearranged from the original. Does that matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fonts in folder.PNG
Views:	866
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	58559   Click image for larger version

Name:	readerpref_explorer.PNG
Views:	812
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	58560  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote