View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdini View Post
On my V2, I can browse .zip files, but I can't open files inside the zipped archive (I get an error). Not tried RAR.

Regarding the image rendering engine - indeed. I made a brief article detailing how you can make the images look better - Optimising documents for a 6" eink display.

In brief, I've noticed you obtain far better results processing the documents in advance on your computer. (i.e. downscale & reduce colours using your PC prior to putting on the device).
I find that IrfanView does a fine job of preparing documents in advance. Turn off dithering and reduce the colors to gray scale and then to reduced values. I disagree a little with reducing it to 2 bits. I reduce to 4 bits in the hopes that the future versions will support higher levels of gray scale and I don't want to have to regenerate all of my documents. Letting the machine do this minor adjustment usually works well. By the way, there is no way to reduce below 8 levels (265 gray scale) on a Jpeg anyway.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote