View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 06:44 AM   #759
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jötunn View Post
I have used it for a couple of days now and I am really satisfied so far. It took me like an afternoon to set it up and work through the OS and approx. two more days to learn the most relevant features of the note taking app and the main features of the neoreader. Now I'm good to go with essentially all common tasks. That was not such a steep learning curve as often mentioned but of course it is a subjective thing...Now I need to find out how this works with the custom dictionary import respectively where do I find some good dictionaries?

The only a bit bigger negative thing so far is that the screen without front-light isn't paper white (as for example with my kobo). It rather looks like recycled unbleached paper. It is OK for me as the rendering itself is really good. Probably not as crispy as with the best readers out there but that's something I at least would just notice in a direct comparison. I already got used to the rather greyish background and with just a little front-light it's almost paper white.

Still waiting for the bluetooth keyboard to arrive so I can start my testing.

Interested in my deep guides coming review and dedicated costumer feedback here. It is probably the only serious way to use a PC/MAC with an e-ink screen. Why the possibility is there with the other onyx tablets it's more like a feature because one will just kill the battery of in null time when frequently using the onyx tablets as monitor...that is the second reason besides portability why I go with a bt keyboard instead. In my case it is just for typewriting anyway...

What is your deepguide video address?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote