View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 07:27 AM   #755
Jötunn
Jötunn began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Use a Mira or Mira Pro and you will be fine.
I went with the note air 2 and bt keyboard solution. The note air 2 should arrive tomorrow. Excited to test my approach and the device. A Mira would be to costly especially cause onyx doesn't really have a lot of trust from my side. Still a risky buy but I don't see much alternative at the moment from the competition regarding multi functional E-ink devices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
I've just purchased another toy, Hisense Q5. I don't use my Max 2 for anything but reading PDFs, because everything else is cumbersome to use. I hope Hisense Q5 will fill another gap, reading web articles (and maybe using a few Android apps). However, I don't think I'll use it as a monitor even though it has HDMI input which actually works as it's a fast LCD.
I see your point. As my kobo started reaching the end of its lifespan this year I researched online and as I tend to be techy I spent quite a lot of time with that research the last 2-3 weeks trying to find out where we are with E-Ink devices. I view it like that: The multi functional/note-taking devices before the 2021 gen were enthusiast devices. With Supernote A5X/6X and Onyx releases from 2021 (I would add the remarkable 2, but remarkable is practically remarkably dead...) we see the first devices outside of the enthusiast level. But consumers are still handed out "Gen 1" devices a long side with enthusiast devices and rather obscure stuff like your Hi sense Q5. A bit the same thing going on as with the first smartphones just on a niche level.

How the development will play out has of course to be seen yet.

With onyx at the moment I guess you just have to narrow down what you want to do and then spend a lot of time setting the device up for it, getting to know it on a deeper level and after that I expect a usable and relatively uncomplicated but still a bit cumbersome experience.

I may describe my findings after some testing here in the forum. Maybe some kind of practical review in form of a little report with the leading Question what happens in day to day use when trying to organize most of private writing in my life with an onyx. Could be interesting for some people and I will do the testing anyway.
Jötunn is offline   Reply With Quote