View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I suspect that philosophy is why Linux never killed Windows.

I also suspect that what you, and possibly varlog, really mean is:

"In order to learn Linux, you need to use it" rather than that using it is itself the way to learn.

I agree that you should not simply pick up 'Linux for Dummies' to read in bed, any more than you should read "Guitar for Dummies" without a guitar, and expect to learn to play.

Using Linux might bring to the forefront the things that you need to learn, in a practical and meaningful way, but it will not teach you.

Linux is a dense and deep mass of arcane config files and command parameters.

"Just using it" is no more the best way to learn than picking up an air tank and jumping in to the open ocean is the best way to learn to scuba dive.

(I assume by "using it" we are not just talking about navigating a desktop GUI and clicking icons, right?)
I thought you just asked your baby brother for help.
Oh that only works if baby brother uses Linux.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote