View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 10:01 AM   #5
Elwynd02
Elwynd02 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
They're not the same thing at all. If I remove all the tags first, then when I look at an individual book in the review stage, I don't get to choose between the old tags and the suggested new tags, I get a choice between nothing or the downloaded tag. I see the confusion. I mean, I want it to overwrite all the tags on this individual book, with all the tags I choose (for this individual book). Like it does with title, or publisher, or author.

I expect it tag my book with whatever I put in the left hand side. It doesn't behave like that though. For example, if I have a book with 3 tags, and in the review stage I remove one of them, it keeps all 3. If I have a 'test' tag on, but the metadata suggests 'Fantasy' and I go with the suggestion without changing anything, eg just click Next, I end up with both 'test' and 'Fantasy'. That's why I now think it's a bug: what I put in the left window is not what it ends up tagging when it writes them. I wonder if I'm allowed to post pictures in here? I can demonstrate with screenshots.

I see the merge option you're referring to, and that behaves as I'd expect: it takes both the old and new tags and puts them ALL in the left side. But the other option is also merging them.

I'm on version 2.11, I see there's an update. Will update and try.
Elwynd02 is offline   Reply With Quote