View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
Elwynd02
Elwynd02 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
I don't want to delete all the tags first, for several reasons:
1 - The downloaded tags are very rarely what I want (it's the rest of the metadata that's most useful, especially series info), but my original tags are usually right, so I'd want to keep them anyway. I'd have to redo all that for each title if I removed them all first.
2 - I also use tags to indicate other stuff, like ones where the format is bad or I'm missing a book in the series - a tag to tell me some other action still has to happen, unrelated to metadata.

It seems pretty odd, to have the bulk download/review feature replace all the fields with the data you select - except for one field, where it appends instead of replacing (and without telling you that's how it works). Eg, if you change the author, it doesn't ADD a second author (oh golly, does it??), it replaces the author field with whatever you select. I hope.

I can work around it, I suppose, by removing my 'unsorted' tags before I begin, then as I review each book, add a 'sorted' tag. The ones I rejected won't have a sorted tag, so I can do them one by one. Then at the end I can remove the 'sorted' tag from them all. But that seems a pretty clunky way of doing something in a feature that is otherwise lovely and intuitive and super helpful, so much so that I assumed it was just a setting I'd missed.
Elwynd02 is offline   Reply With Quote