View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
Elwynd02
Elwynd02 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Metadata download doesn't overwrite all existing tags

Wotcher!
I'm hoping I've just missed an option somewhere, or perhaps this is a bug? I'm going through my library and redoing the metadata, by bulk downloading all the Authors beginning with A, then B etc (and reviewing each one). To keep track of where I'm up to, I started by adding an 'unsorted' tag to the whole library, using the 'edit metadata in bulk' option. Then, as I download and review each item, I'm removing that tag, sometimes keeping and sometimes changing the others. The theory is, once I've finished each batch, I'll end up with a few rejections that still have the 'unsorted' tag, which I'll have to do one at a time, but the majority will now have the 'unsorted' tag removed, all the tags replaced with the ones I chose during the review.

Except, after the batch has been reviewed, completed and written, they ALL still have their 'unsorted' tag. I had thought that the download bulk/review method would REPLACE the tags with the new ones I chose, but it seems to have ADDED my new ones. For example, I was reviewing data for a book that had tags 'Romance, unsorted'. The suggested tags were rubbish, but Romance was the right answer, so I clicked the icon to use existing tags (ie bringing the data from the right hand side to the left side of the review screen), then deleted out the 'unsorted' tag. In this case I accidentally added an extra e to the end of Romance, so my tag field said 'Romancee'. After the bulk changes were applied, the tags on that item are 'Romance, Romancee, unsorted'.

Tell me I'm being a thickie, and that there's a setting for this! I'm only up to the Bs...

Thanks,
Elwynd
Elwynd02 is offline   Reply With Quote