View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #132
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
It's not about technical difficulties. It is, as corny as it sounds, about freedom.

DRM isn't an issue if you stay within the walled garden. It's a beautiful garden, and if you are not curious about what's outside of it, or, heaven forbid, want to venture beyond the tall walls with the spikes on top, you won't feel trapped.

DRM becomes an issue if you want actual choice or have a desire to properly own the e-books you have purchased. Because with DRM, the only way out of the garden is naked and without anything you bought while you dwelled inside it. (Unless you don't mind doing what amounts to breaking the law.)
I get all of that, but you left out the remainder of my post where I addressed those points.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote