Thread: Completely lost
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #9
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
The problem doesn't come from encryption. Even with WPA turned off (BTW, I use WEP), it doesn't work. The problem comes from my router, which doesn't attribute any IP addess to the iLiad.
I tried today with a WEP secured network, and there wasn't a single problem. Funny thing is : the network I tried today is configured exactly the same as mine, except it's another brand.
I guess my router is kinda jealous ^^
WEP is crackable in 5 - 90 minutes (checkout aircrack-ng.org). You shouldn't use it (if I'm bored I'm sometimes hacking one or two WEP-based networks ;o).

To your other problem - first you should check if it collides with other wlan channels (your channel should be at least 2 levels over or under the other channels). Second check how you enter your password (hexadecimal based or passphrase based).

Try it out with no encryption for a short time (only some minutes - and set your router password before!). If the iliad works without encryption you can exclude some general router problems.

Last edited by joblack; 05-06-2008 at 07:14 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote