Thread: Page Number bug
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you use eBook Library to put the eBook onto the 500/505, it is prerendered and the reader does not need to do anything to paginate except read the XML file that has the info already in it. This is the bit that Harry keeps leaving out. The 500/505 does not have to do it itself if done via the supplied software.
But, given the fact that the 505 now mounts directly as a USB drive, why would anyone use the Connect software other than to buy books from the Sony store? Given that you buy your books elsewhere, do you still use Connect to transfer your books to your Reader? I would have thought that it was a lot easier just to transfer them directly to the mounted drive, is it not?

Please let me be clear, by the way; I never found the time that 500 took to paginate a book to be the slightest "problem"; just wanted to clarify that this is the "price" (if that's the right word) for having "real" pagination, and it's what the Gen3 would also need to do if one wanted "real" page numbers on it. Personally I regard page numbers as irrelevent, and see no need for them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote